- You can sign up and get started for free.
- We need to know your full name and to confirm that your email address and mobile number are yours, so we will send you an SMS to your mobile number to verify this number is under your control and we will do the same to verify you control your email address, see more details from point 8 below.
We use these key details to determine if you qualify for a Privyseal, so it is important that they are the official names that are recorded by the Government, your schools, academic institutions, professional body, industry regulator, company, organisation or whatever other entity can confirm something about you and/or what you have done.
Please choose a difficult password with upper and lowercase letters, punctuation marks and numbers.
This is your identity we are protecting, so please take a few minutes to make up something difficult to guess (and please don't use easy to guess things like your nickname, date of birth, telephone number or words like "password" even with special characters or numbers.
- With this in mind, please visit our homepage and choose to sign up as an individual. There is no cost, Privyseals are paid for by the organisation issuing them.
Please note, you need only sign up as an organisation if you are an academic institution, professional body, industry regulator, company, organisation or similar entity that wishes to issue its own Privyseals to its scholars, students/graduates, members, registrants, employees, licensees etc.. If you have been sent by an entity to register or sign up with Privyseal you should probably first sign up as an individual even if you also own or run a company or another organisation.
- To sign up you need to provide us with your first name, middle name/s and last name, no abbreviations or nick names please.
- Once all your names have been entered into the sign up form, please provide your email address and click to verify. Please check your email address is spelled correctly, it is easy to make a mistake. You will then need to check your email. Hopefully the one-time-pin will have arrived and you will be able to paste it into the sign-up form alongside your email address. Once done, your email address will have been verified.
- You need to do the same thing to verify your mobile number. Please remember to use the same format as that shown in the space for your mobile number. Again, please check your mobile number has been entered correctly. Once you receive the SMS, please copy out the one-time-pin and verify your mobile number.
- Please then choose and confirm your password. As mentioned, please choose a password that is not easy to guess and has a mix of special characters, lower and uppercase letters and numbers.
We take great care to store as little information about you as possible. Sometimes when we have to collect more information to identity you, we use a one-way-hash to do so. This means that, wherever possible, we do not actually keep your information but simply store an anonymous string of information that relates to e.g. your mobile number. That way, if we are provided with the same hash of a mobile number, we know it relates to you but we don't know what the number is. This helps us match records without storing your sensitive information.
- Once you have completed the sign up form you need to accept our terms and conditions by checking the box and then clicking on the Submit button.
Behind the scenes, we will then create a user account for you and search through our records to see if there is any information from one or more of our clients that relates to you. If there is, we will try to match your details with those that we have been provided with. If there is a perfect match you may be eligible for one or more Privyseal/s. We will then check with the organisation that provided the matched information and, provided there is no problem, we will issue you with one or more Privyseals that confirms the information about your identity, qualifications, professional designations, memberships, etc. relates to you.
At that point you will have signed up with PrivySeal and possibly have been issued with your first Privyseal/s automatically.
- If something went wrong with verifying your information you may be shown an error message, asking you to correct your information with the organisation (qualification authority) concerned. Once you have updated your mobile number, email or other information we will again try to match you to your information. Once matched your Privyseal/s will be issued and you will be able to add them to your email signature, website, social or professional media posts or print them. Privyseals may also be added to your PrivySeal Digital Signature to evidence something about you as at the time you sign.